Friday, July 2, 2010

Oh No!!!!!!!! My HAIR!!

What have I done? School pictures were going to be perfect and now, nope... no chance. Cut my bangs as I usually do every month and I was being ambitious and thought I could pull off the uber short asian sweeps. WRONG. They look fine... there's just a part thats a tad to short. You live, you learn. Bangs are trial and error. So now I have 2 errors against me. Well, you're probably wondering, "Erm, why dont you just get them cut at a salon?" Simple. I don't want to. Why should I go to a salon every month or so and pay 20 bucks for some chick who flunked beauty school to cut my bangs when I could just save money? If I'm ever going to live up to ONE of my dreams (being a hair stylist) I'm gonna need some practice right?
Anywho, I'm watching food network as I type and I love the current show I'm watching. Anne Barell? I think her name is? She's freaking hilarious! I love Alton Brown though... we are going to get married one day. HAHAHA just kidding, he's old, but dude... you can't deny the awesomeness of Alton Brown. He's bomb. He's bomb. So Alton if you're reading this, which you probably aren't haha I FREAKING LOVE YOU DUDE!
Hm, cooking. Reminds me of the soup I made today. It was so gooooood. Recipe listed below :)

Half of one onion
One whole bell pepper (any color :)
Crimini Mushrooms (as many as you want)
Chicken Bouillon. I'm using chicken bouillon because it has much better flavor than regular old chicken broth or stock (and yes, there is a difference!!)

Put oil of choice (Preferably olive or vegetable) in a large pot, I mean like a stock pot you know? Not like a saucepan. And put in your onions, add garlic salt, and a pinch of salt. Sweat. Sweating is cooking aromatics over low heat. so For the first minute or so saute it but then turn down the heat to low and let it cook for 7 or 8 minutes DON'T TOUCH IT.
So now while you're waiting choppy chop the bell pepper doesn't really matter how you chop it... youre gonna blend it anyway. Just make sure you get all those seeds out as well as you can. Also while you're waiting boil some water in a medium saucepan. Enough water to alllllmost fill the pot, but not quite. Your sweat should be done now so turn up zee heat and add the bell peppers and mushrooms. Boiling water? You're going to have to add bouillon to taste. So go for the taste that is not too salty but not too bland. Turn off the heat and add some pepper in the bouillon. When the onions in the pot have started browning you know you're ready to add the broth. SLOWLY add the bouillon, cover, and bring to a boil. Once you've gotten to a boil turn the heat down to a simmer and let cook for about 10 minutes. Once your ten minutes are up remove from the heat and blend. either with a blender or with a stick blender. I used a stick blender. And blend till smooth. add pepper to taste. Delicious, no?
im actually eating some right now. its so gooooood :)
I was watching the food network and Giada was all like "I'm making these watermelon popsicles for the kids." and so im just watching then she says, "and now im gonna add some vodka." im so confused

that was taken from my facebook so the font changed... woopee so im going to go now, I dont like this font. haha
Bye,
Jenna :) (Jem)

No comments:

Post a Comment